Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for a user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. UX designer who is calculative, organized, collaborative, and open to trying new things. We look for people who will dig in, understand the underlying issues, and use their skills & talents as web and mobile UX design.
- A clear understanding of accessible UX Principles and Guidelines.
- Experience of designing for multiple platforms, such as web, mobile and responsive design.
- Strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Test and communicate UX patterns creating end-to-end experiences for mobile.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
- Experience with Android and iphone design guidelines and standards.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and associated design tools.
- Good knowledge about material design and flat design concept.
- Fair knowledge of HTML / HTML5 and CSS / CSS3.
- A clear understanding of the semantic web, W3C standards and open web standards.
- Good knowledge of current web design trends and technologies.
- Experience with Mobile-first & Responsive web design methodologies.
- Intimate knowledge of cross-browser compatibility.
- Good knowledge with HTMl frameworks like Foundation and Bootstrap.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic design or Computer Science.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good in English command (spoken and written).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Team collaboration.
- Analytical skills.