Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and hands-on Software Quality Assurance Manager/Lead to lead a distributed team of the Software Quality Engineers.
This position is an exciting opportunity for the candidate with at least 7 years of the software QA /development experience with 3+ years in a management or QA technical lead role in a product development company. The position requires a deep understanding of continuous integration and delivery, java based applications and a strong technical testing background, ability to understand highly complex architectures and define effective test strategies in agile environment.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline. Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 3 years in a lead role or management position.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
- Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
- Knowledge of internet and e-business processes, disciplines and standards.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Must have solid technical skills.
- Passion for quality, security, technology and innovation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Use of formal project management skills in planning, tracking, and reporting on project progress.
- Manage and help the quality team in building the test plans and strategies.
- Presenting an aggregate view of testing utilization to high level management.
- Personal support, mentoring, set KPIs and professional development for testers.
- Maintain product consistency throughout product cycle, to include the design, define and build phases through quality checkpoints and testing.
- Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
- Directly supervise Quality Assurance Team Lead, Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Assure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
- Anticipate program release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases, and plans.
- Work with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment.
- Getting involved in testing when needed!