Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and hands-on Database Testing Engineer.
This position is an exciting opportunity for the candidate with at least 2 years of ETL QA /Development experience role in a product development company. The position requires a deep understanding of DWH concepts and SQL Queries with testing background, ability to understand highly complex architectures and define effective test strategies in agile environment.
- Ensures data quality between source system(s) and the data warehouse used for our BI product(s).
- Provides feedback to and works closely with development team members to expand and maintain SQL scripts used in testing data quality for various types of testing.
- Writes and reviews test case scripts to validate ETL processes
- Responsible for overall test integration for new features with existing processes to insure data integrity
- Formulation of test strategies.
- Preparation of testing matrices such as test cases, user cases, RTM etc.
- Defect tracking.
- Working knowledge in UNIX/LINUX environment and running Cron Jobs.
- Knowledge on any Non Relational Database. Preferably RedShift or Vertica.
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline. Master degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of Database testing engineer experience.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Database Quality Engineer
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
- Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of internet and e-business processes, disciplines and standards.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
- Must have solid technical skills.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication skills is a must.
- Good in English command (Written and spoken).
- Good to have knowledge on Tableau or any similar tool.