Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Increase Supply (Supply width): Identify supply gaps by doing shelf-space bench marking analysis and ensure that we have maximum supply online across assigned categories against competition online/offline / marketplace.
- Activity: Identify accurate supply gaps and present it. Prioritizing & agreeing on timelines and targets. Execute the plan to incubate suppliers, Brands and SKU’s.
- Maintain a tracker on merchandized items (weekly Plan vs. actual), Manage retail ids of souq.com by maximize listing of all unique inventories. , Week-on-week - growth in supply, Increase in price leadership, Increase in quantity / Gmv, fulfilment tracker, new suppliers.
- Price Leadership (Supply Depth)
- Check the price leadership status on a weekly basis and do appropriate changes in the Retail pricing to ensure Price leadership in all the hot selling SKUs.
- Do detail analysis on daily/weekly basis for the assigned categories by category wise, channel wise, key product line wise performance and take appropriate actions to improve business performance.
- Develop the sales plan
- Develop the monthly sales plan and strategies for the assigned categories with the help of country manager and category head to achieve the given sales and goals
- Negotiate special pricing for hot selling SKUs from the vendors and update marketing/Merchandizing team for promoting them.
- Seeking highly qualified candidates who are strategic thinkers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. MBA / BE qualified individuals.
- Experience from Online/ Retail/ Specific Category
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in the Category Assigned, Team Experience of managing cross functional and multicultural teams.
- Candidates must be intelligent and self-motivated professionals.
- Deep understanding of and passion for E-Commerce required.
- Previous responsibility for strategic development, product management or product marketing, revenue targets and quotas is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Analytics.
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Excellent skills in negotiation.
- Ability to champion the growth of the category and envision the long-term strategy.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Analyses through problems to come up with solutions.
- Innovative & Pro-active.