Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Write “clean”, well designed code.
- Produce detailed specifications.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
- You should be comfortable working with a Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) environment and must be able to clearly understand requirements and ask questions to obtain clarity when in doubt.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- PHP development capabilities.
- HTML/CSS/JS/AJAX coding capabilities, HTML5 and CSS3.
- CSS frameworks and JS frameworks.
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Other programming languages such as Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Object Oriented Programming Experience.
- SQL capabilities and query optimization.