Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Design, estimate, and code new features. This is primarily a coding position.
- Architect new applications, and expand existing ones.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture with other teams at Internet Brands.
- Investigate and fix production issues.
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards.
- Perform code reviews of your team members work.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles.
- Participate in sprint planning and other project management meetings.
- Ensure all code that goes to production is of top quality.
- Ensure existing applications are scaled to meet expected demand.
- Identify and fix gaps in system reliability, such as production monitoring.
- Continuously improve the software infrastructure, such as the deployment process.
- 5+ years with object oriented programming in PHP.
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
- Service oriented architecture.
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like JIRA and Git.
- Consuming and creating web services.
- Unit testing.
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
- Frontend frameworks, such as Angular.js or Node.js.
- You are aware about best practices (dependency injection, design patterns, SOLID principles)
- You need to ensure that your code is faulttolerant and selfhealing: error control, unit testing, etc.
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations.
- Systems integration.
- Distributed systems.
- Other programming languages such as Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Load testing.
- Responsive design.