Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest e-commerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands, and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Preparation and review of the trial balance to be used for financial reporting
- Facilitate and complete monthly closing process
- Perform review and reconciliation of the below account schedules:
- a. Petty Cash Reconciliation
- b. Bank Reconciliation and outstanding cheques clearing
- c. Prepaid Amortization Schedule
- e. Prepayments to Suppliers
- f. Security Deposit
- g. Fix Asset Register
- h. Vendor Balances Recon with Supplier SOA Employee Receivables Schedule
- Review of material consumptions and purchases with emphasis on Cost of Material per Order analysis.
- Review of Intercompany Reconciliation and Intracompany Reconciliation.
- Review of Debit Note Charges from other costs centers/entities
- a. Fulfillment Invoices
- b. Supply Chain Invoices
- c. Storage Fee Invoices
- d. Service Fees Invoices
- Review and maintenance of the Fix Asset Register
Daily Finance Functions
- Review of Petty Cash Expenses, its approvals and compares against budgeted cost for each cost components.
- Review and post accounting entries related to booking invoices, petty cash expenses, general ledger entries and payments.
- Review of payment requests to ensure invoices, Pos and receiving are in order.
- Liaise with each countries operations team on payment requirements, purchases and expenditures.
- Regular updates on Capital Expenditures and preparation of capital expenditure monthly report for all markets.
- Review and monitor the Purchasing Tracker of Operations to ensure each respective areas are well maintained:
- a. PO Issuance - Issued PO are in order, payment terms are aligned with company strategy, appropriate cost center are charged, review cost against previous purchases.
- b. Receiving - Monitors the receiving of issued PO and identify any discrepancies.
- c. Invoicing - Ensures that 3-way matching is maintained and resolve any discrepancies noted. Review and ensure the completeness of invoices logged on the invoicing part of the tracker.
- d. Payments - Ensure that payments properly applied against the correct invoices and reconciled against the payments recorded in the books.
- Assist in preparation of ad-hoc financial reports, analysis, and other related requirements;
- Facilitate and monitor the revenue and collection functions;
- Licensed CPA or Chartered Accountant with Big 4 audit experience
- More than 5 years of working experience in an accounting/finance capacity
- Preferably with experience on a multi-national company
- Highly proficient in IFRS and accounting practices
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written and communication skills
- Team oriented and willing to work extra hours when needed
- Good attention to details and accuracy
- Strong presentation skills