Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Design, provision, configure and maintain the platform operations to handle the scale of running several application stacks in the cloud that will be consumed worldwide.
- Own everything from QA, Staging and Production deployments, networking, ops automation, monitoring, performance tuning/testing, penetration testing
- Work closely with developers to build high performance, highly-available systems.
- Analyze and strengthen existing infrastructure to minimize downtime and response times.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- You are proficient in Linux systems administration and understand all layers of Linux.
- Multiple years production experience with AWS.
- Experience setting up, maintaining and monitoring global production environments, QA and staging environments, with strong understanding of the differing needs of those environments.
- You have in-depth experience deploying and maintaining monitoring tools (Nagios, Sensu, NewRelic, Logstash..)
- A very strong scripting experience in one/all of these languages (Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with Puppet, Chef and other CM.
- Operations and deployment automation at scale
- Security on Linux/AWS (selinux, denyhosts, ssh, iptables/ufw)
- Golang experience.
- Docker experience.
- Experience with continues integration tools (Jenkins)