Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 500,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 2,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centres in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
1. Product brand strategy and positioning.
- Hiring & leasing team members, freelancers & agencies to fulfill the overall product marketing plan.
- Rolling out SEO; via coordinating between product team & SEO team or agencies, make sure SEO best practices are implemented, monitor website ranking, and increase organic traffic.
- SEM planning; launching programmatic campaigns i.e. pay per click, remarketing, online & mobile ad networks.
- Launching offline & online brand awareness campaigns.
- Responsible for Ads display, designs & offline materials.
- Traffic analysis, in terms of source & channel effectiveness, budgets, ROI & per conversion cost.
- Set & revise department KPI’s based on business & product development forecasts.
2. Social Media:
- Build social media content strategy aligned with overall product positioning.
- Build Community management processes, covering website and social media channels, to build brand equity, engagement and drive performance.
- Run social media campaigns to support & enhance the SEO& SEM performance.
3. CRM Strategy:
- Build & Monitor customer life cycle on product.
- Run frequent customer base segmentation & analysis.
- Set proper customer communication plan & tools i.e. newsletters, email campaigns, SMS notifications.
- Identify potential partners based on target markets, exposure, and maximum benefit.
- Form mutually beneficial partnerships with external entities that would benefit the company.
- Approach potential partners, and negotiate terms
- Handle all partnerships from negotiation to execution and follow up.
- Investigate business opportunities in light of strategic goals and develop unique and ambitious deal structures to meet those goals.
- Provide insight and drive improvements to optimize support of all partnerships.
- Relevant Degree in marketing or business administration.
- 5-7 years of experience in online marketing.
- Fluent in Arabic language.
- E-commerce exposure (website, mobile, social media, analytics etc.).
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment Entrepreneurial, self-starter with hands-on approach.