Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 500,000 unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 2,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centres in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Own and manage the relationships with several client group business leaders.
- Deliver the strategic and operational HR plan for each business supported, ensuring consistency with local and global HR goals & ensure consistency with our policies & procedures;
- Be accountable for the HR Administration tasks at Country level through the management of the relationship with remote Shared Service Centers and through hands-on admin delivery as necessary.
- Provide management support and advice to build leadership capabilities.
- Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, employee engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity;
- Support key HR projects and process improvements
- Demonstrate excellent analytical capabilities and influence business leaders with data-driven recommendations to improve performance, retention and the employee experience.
- Ensure alignment of HR programs by partnering with peers and colleagues in other EU locations and also across Corporate business units locally
- Coordinate all personnel representative relationships and legal compliance issues.
- Provide expert input to your client groups as well as the HR team in terms of local employment legislation, policies and practices.
- 4+ years’ experience of operating as an HR business partner with demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a fast-paced, hands-on environment (multinational company preferred).
- Relevant degree in HR, Business or equivalent
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize.
- Advanced use of Excel and reporting tools.
- High attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrated track record of working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with fluent verbal and written English.
- Experience of working with both hourly and executive employees in Italy.
- Fluent in English.
- An ability to work independently and to deal with ambiguity when necessary.
- The flexibility to work across multiple functions, locations and types of employees.