Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Ensure all revenue and receivable transactions are properly accounted for and balances are accurate.
- Lead reconciliation efforts between SAP and the website backoffice systems for all integrated transactions, identify the issues and rectify them in the numbers and in the integration and SAP setup as required.
- Ensure billing and collection processes on different business lines are effective and efficient.
- Ensure proper reconciliation of receivable accounts with customers.
- Monitor collectibles from customers and ensure monies are collected within agreed credit terms.
- Establish proper credit policies and manage credit limits.
- Lead periodic reporting to higher management of receivable and revenue accounts.
- Ensure accurate wallet accounts and proper recording of wallet transactions.
- Lead reconciliation efforts between SAP wallet numbers and the backoffice/operational systems.
- Monitor and control the wallet withdrawal process and ensure fraudulent wallet transactions are prevented.
- Coach staff members of the team.
- Licensed CPA or chartered accountant
- More than 6 years of working experience in an accounting/finance capacity (preferably over a year in managerial capacity in AR and Credit Control)
- Highly proficient in IFRS and accounting practices
- Strong knowledge on billing and collection, and wallet money procedures
- Superior spreadsheets skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written and communication skills
- Team oriented and willing to work extra hours when needed
- Good attention to details and accuracy
- Strong presentation skills