Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The role covers 3 different core collaterals within Brand Operations:
- Coordinate and deploy the weekly /monthly/annually PR plan with the internal stakeholder and the PR Agency.
- Writing and editing news reports, press releases and other forms of internal and external communications
- Building up contacts with media representatives and partner organizations
- Listening to media reports and reading relevant news articles to be updated on the industry and company.
- Attending press conferences, product launches and networking events.
- Influencers management
- Media Planning and Buying:
- Support in the local offline media bookings.
- Support in local content integration and creation.
- Coordinate the media plan between the local media agency and the regional stakeholders.
- Offline activations and direct to consumer activities
- Planning and executing the brand offline activations which includes in-mall activations and other offline brand activations.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Must be bi-lingual (Arabic English)
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Business, Media or PR
- Professional qualification in marketing or public relations would be an advantage
- Excellent understanding of the media on a regional and national level
- Expertise on all matters relating to public relations and communications
- Media, PR and offline vendor contacts
- Ability to develop relations with partner organizations, media representatives and other external bodies.
- Excellent communication skills in English & Arabic (written and verbal)
- Excellent advisory skills & confidence giving advice to senior management
- Good knowledge of web and print-based marketing material
- Excellent negotiation abilities
- Creative thinking
- Good team working abilities
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to think spontaneously and respond positively to pressure
- Self-confidence and the ability to ‘sell’ ideas
- A knowledge of business and the ability to manage budgets
- A committed and flexible approach to the job