Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- The role’s primary responsibility will be in creating and continuously improving the core reports and metrics across the business.
- Build a robust set of operational and business metrics.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, build, deploy the reporting systems, and utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities.
- Prepare reports on Daily, Weekly and Monthly basis and also as per ad-hoc requirement of the management which involves data analysis, data mining and data research.
- Developing intelligent, insightful reporting on the key drivers of the business.
- Interacting with internal stakeholders to deep-dive outlier events.
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Data Visualization of core metrics.
- Embed analytics into day to day operations.
- Develop analytics solutions (Forecasting, prediction etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Expertise in Data Visualization Tools like Tableau.
- Working Knowledge of languages like SAS/R/Python etc is a plus.
- Should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets.
- Should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Information Systems, or related fields.
- Overall 4 to 6 years’ experience with 2+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistics.
- Ability to use data to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analysis.