Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 50 million visits to its catalogue of more than million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- To provide the company’s management with summarized and current data to be use in making the most appropriate and strategic decisions involving the company.
- To ensure data and information are up to date, develop strategies in order to increase revenue of the company by using analytics management, consult with department heads and top management, as well as review strategies and procedures when it comes to corporate practice and operating system efficiencies.
- Evaluating data to ensure that the company adheres to certain regulations and procedures; and establishing and maintaining strong relations with all members of the company.
- Provide strategic direction for the Supply Chain Analytics team by understanding the nuances of the ecommerce supply chain ecosystem
- Work closely with the Operations, Product and Technology teams to develop world class systems and processes
- Responsible for bringing to bear analytical tools and techniques to help exceed business goals, this involves managing a team of analysts to deploy analytical solutions for the business
- He will independently ideate, conceptualize, develop and deploy analytical solutions to create business impact in the Supply Chain Operations function
- He will leverage business context and data analytics skills to define the business problem to be solved, develop methodology and roadmap, formulate analytical approach and define data gathering approach.
- Demonstrate excellence in engagement delivery, insightful thought-leadership, strategic problem solving, high impact team management and strong customer relations at senior executive levels.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise analyst, project team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- 5+ years of experience in building/developing supply chain systems and processes.
- Should be conversant with ERP and Supply Chain Planning technologies
- Degree in Engineering/Statistics/Mathematics/Economics or any quantitative domain, or MBA from a premier institute
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of all key aspects of a typical business - product, marketing, operations and finance
- Prior experience in working with senior business leaders and acting as their thought partner
- Strong promoter of technology driven solutions
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Data driven and pay attention to details
- Comfortable with statistical modeling on large data sets
- Problem Solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure
- Ability to build, lead and mentor teams of analysts
- Flexible approach
- Focused and professional attitude