Souq.com an Amazon Subsidiary is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Fashion, Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Goods, Watches, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Someone who strives to solve difficult problems with creative solutions and who can work autonomously.
- In addition to Software Design and Development experience, you must have knowledge of the entire Software Development life-cycle, Unit Testing, Functional Testing and you should be able to lead a small team of developers through design, analysis, implementation, testing and delivery of high quality software.
- Mentor and lead a team of talented engineers and ensure best development practices are followed.
- Evaluate technical requirements and provide accurate estimates.
- Undertake development tasks without supervision including designing, programming and testing.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience and knowledge of current Web Development technologies and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing complex applications using OOPS principles and design patterns.
- MySQL or other relational database design and development required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced developing secure web applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail and keen problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously, with competing and conflicting deadlines.
- Understand the design patterns and best practices.
- Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Ability to use and learn familiar web frameworks and stacks (Phalcon PHP, Laravel, Yii, Spring .. etc).
- Knowledge in functional programming and high concurrency applications is a plus.
- Shell Scripting.
- Code versioning tool.
- NoSql, MySQL, Redis, Memcached.
- Asynchronous programming, queuing engines, messaging brokers.
- AWS basics, load balancers, auto scaling, lambda functions, S3 .. etc.
- Continuous Integration/Delivery (travis, jenkins .. etc) is a plus.