Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Security & Loss Prevention Manager will provide solutions to limit exposure and liability, minimize losses and mitigate risks that put in jeopardy the company's personnel; business operations; physical, information and financial asset; and reputation; all this by effectively preventing and/or responding to security related incidents, investigate root causes and prevent reoccurrence.
- Cooperation with GSO and Senior Country/Cluster management to define targets and priorities geared towards developing cost effective S&LP array while using GSO tools, standards and guidelines.
- Providing S&LP expertise and advice for integration of the S&LP strategy and initiatives into the various business activities, programs and projects; ensuring S&LP is used and seen as business enabler
- Provides leadership and direction to the country/cluster S&LP team/s
- Leads the implementation of Risk Assessment and Risk management processes and methodologies, on continuous basis and per need, in collaboration with business functions, of existing, evolving and anticipated threats; leads the S&LP Performance Measurement by setting targets, indicators and measures to ensure cost- effective and efficient S&LP operations.
- Ensures that all S&LP measures are planned and executed to meet all relevant regulatory, legal and labor requirements and obligations.
- Ensures that all S&LP measures are planned and executed to meet all relevant Amazon internal standards and compliance programs.
- Leads appropriate budgeting and allocations for cost effective security organization, systems and tools - ensure optimal usage of resources.
- Leads the development of cost effective solutions and processes aimed to continuously improve cost effectiveness while constantly improving security compliance.
- Develops relationships with country authorities, law enforcement and security and/or intelligence agencies, to support the company's needs and interests; develops relationships with private S&LP industry organizations and associations to support the company's needs and interests; develops relationships with S&LP organizations of customers, vendors, partners and stakeholder to ensure cross organizational coordination, cooperation and alignment of needs, requirements and shared interests.
- Manages the optimal use of S&LP personnel and systems for site S&LP, operations, and activities to ensure the protection of physical and non IT information assets.
- Manages the deployment of cost effective and innovative S&LP technology solutions in compliance with GSO standards and guidelines to mitigate specific threats and prioritized and relevant risks.
- Manages the implementation of guards operation and security services to ensure cost effective deployment and implementation of S&LP procedures and measures while ensuring supportive and positive rapport, ambiance and practices.
- In cooperation with procurement manages the relations with chosen approved suppliers, and monitors their performance, the quality of their products and services, and the cost effectiveness of using them. Evaluates improvement of contractual agreements and changing suppliers to improve cost effectiveness of S&LP services and measures.
- Manages the optimal use of security personnel and systems for site security, operations, and activities to ensure protection of employees, customers, stakeholders, visitors while on company's premises.
- Manages the Implementation and/or coordination of security measures to ensure the security of company personnel while operating out of the company premises during daily operation, traveling or participation in events.
- Leads and coordinates the education and training of Company staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining S&LP processes, practices, and policies throughout the Company
- Leads and coordinates the education and training of S&LP personnel in S&LP management, investigations, S&LP systems to optimize the use of available resources.
- Manages the application of procedures as well as technical and physical security means to mitigate risks associated with the use of information resources in Amazon operations, processes and supply chains. Supports the preservation of the availability, integrity and confidentiality of information, whatever the form it takes.
- Manages the Implementation and integration of S&LP measures into operational practices to mitigate shrinkage and loss through personnel theft, pilferage, diversion, misappropriation and fraud.
- Directs and coordinates the collection, analyses and dissemination of S&LP related incident reports and information, defines priorities, and ensures the use of all relevant sources of information for effective and timely resolution of reported incidents and evolving trends, while identifying the root causes and involved parties.
- Ensures adequate level of security is implemented in all stages of supply chain before and after the physical control of the assets by amazon
- Drives and coordinates the set-up, deployment and implementation of an effective Resilience, Contingency Planning and Crisis Management processes and organization in the country/cluster based on GSO guidelines and directives.
- Leads emergency preparedness and the establishment if liaison with local authorities.
- Academic degree or practitioners’ equivalent through experience.
- Internationally accepted professional certification in S&LP management e.g. CPP/ASIS or similar.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Military, law enforcement or S&LP-related profession -Direct experience in a significant leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage functional team and manage budget.
- Demonstrated experience and activity in the country/international S&LP arena dealing with S&LP related issues.
- Leadership skills to provide direction to country/cluster management and professional staff.
- Proven ability to develop consensus within an organizational climate of diverse operational activities and often-conflicting requirements from internal and external stake-holders imposed by agencies with regulatory jurisdiction.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the Company, including briefing senior management on status of S&LP issues.
- Proven ability to develop and implement governance and steering docs.
- Understand sensitivity and impact of S&LP issues on other business and organizational aspect.
- Excellent cross cultural communication and interpersonal skills
- Internal and External customer orientation
- Business acumen along with excellent verbal and written English skills (additional language will be highly advantageous)