Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. With more than 2,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India.
Souq.com, now an Amazon company wherein we’re seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to help develop and implement a world class security program for our operations network which will ensure that our customers receive the items they purchase on time and at the best possible cost. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
An innovative Operations leader with superior analytical and planning abilities and preferred experience in Forecasting, Sales and Operations Planning, Inventory management and Storage capacity planning
Must have knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process and system solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
- Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influences the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
- Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills, and a strong customer focus.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on issues.
- Candidate must have basic Supply Chain and Planning knowledge through work experience or coursework.
- Proficiency in SQL, Microsoft Excel and basic programming skills.
- At least 3-4 years of experience as an Operations/ Planning manager
- Engineering Degree, Masters in Management studies or MBA.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong program management skills and ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment