Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including books, automotive, consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Working cross functionally with Retail, Last Mile Technology, and operations leaders to define our delivery strategy and build the infrastructure for ultra-fast delivery operations.
- Setup and drive programs to improve our fulfillment rate and minimize order defects
- Performing complex analysis and using sophisticated simulation tools to define and optimize our delivery offering.
- Working with tech teams and research scientists to manage a roadmap for one or more of our critical tools/systems.
- Collaborating directly with field operators to develop, pilot, and rollout new tools and processes that have an immediate, direct, and meaningful impact on our operations.
- Being a Subject-Matter Expert on transportation and under-the-roof activities within FCs and 3P locations.
- Innovating for step-change improvement in delivery safety, quality, and cost metrics
- Partnering with Directors, VPs, and other key operational experts across the company to lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Benchmarking Souq.com ultra-fast delivery practices against best-in-class operations, both internal and external
- 4+ yrs of experience in retail or in the Ecommerce or Services industries or in consulting
- Experience working on cross functional programs or projects in a related domain
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and key partners
- Bachelor’s degree in any science or engineering disciple. MBA preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.