Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for a Customer Effort Reduction Manager to join the Middle East Customer Service team. The successful candidate will be focused on identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities with a view to waste removal and enhancing the experience for our Digital and Device customers and Customer Service teams. This position requires a candidate who demonstrates a proactive and creative approach to problem solving and has the ability to keep pace with continuous growth in a varied and often ambiguous environment.
- Champion and drive continuous process improvements by defining solutions which support long term resolution and strengthening of the customer experience.
- Identification of effort reduction opportunities for the CS network and external customers with a view to eliminating points of friction and knowledge gaps in support of continually delivering the ‘wow’ to our customers.
- Performs quantitative analysis of key process indicators to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Establishment of road maps and projects plan within the D2IE team to refine/simplify processes.
- Preparation of documentation for quarterly Customer Insight reviews with business stakeholders.
- Up to 30% international travel may be required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience in continuous improvement identification and process improvement implementation.
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal), with fluent Arabic being advantageous.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a multitude of platforms with remote team members in as well as stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization.
- Excellent written narrative writing skills for with CEO-level visibility
- Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture. Proven ability to manage ambiguity, and a preparedness to take on what is necessary to get things done.
- Experience working with remote teams across multiple locations.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo, questioning existing practices.
- An obsessive passion for the customer and associate experience and a sense of humour!
- Strong knowledge of Customer Service and defect reduction.
- Knowledge and experience of Six Sigma/Lean processes.
- Project management experience.
- Strong data management and analysis experience.