Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Building customer-focused content using sophisticated content management systems, with specialist skills in localization and translation.
- Using superior writing skills and extraordinary attention to detail to implement and evangelize content standards that reflect the voices of Souq and Amazon.
- Working collaboratively with Project Managers and global stakeholders to develop world-class customer experience.
- Using a combination of data analysis, user research and content audits to make content decisions, orchestrate content development and drive content improvement.
- Identifying opportunities to improve content performance and usability, as well as content development processes and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as journalism, linguistics, digital media or communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Experience in the field of translation and localization or in a professional writing and editing environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team and international stakeholders.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with tools and complex workflows, in content management systems, translation management systems and CAT tools
- Intermediate HTML and/or XML skills.
- Experience with DITA and Trisoft.
- Experience with Trados or other CAT tools