Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Work with internal teams and external vendors to deliver CAPEX projects and innovations to win business:
- Conduct multiple weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan & track deliverables.
- B.S. or Master Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Evaluate and simplify current working procedures, improve structure and track deliverables.
- Lead technical design reviews and propose design solutions that meet both business needs and leverage global design standardization.
- Create, submit and track the relevant Capex documentation to ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and best overall value.
- Deep dive on technical details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
- Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
- Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
- Assist in engineering capacity management for Middle east
- Assist in providing equipment projections to procurement and partner for best value and competition.
- Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
- Own and develop technology innovations and solutions on a need basis.
- Work very closely with the Real Estate, IT and Operations teams from project start to project start-up.
- Understand the Operational process in detail, including the all the relevant WMS tools used on a daily basis.
- University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
- Proven technical leadership experience in development and implementation of large scale, complex projects.
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% across projects.
- Excellent working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software