Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Recruiting and Interviewing candidates for the vacancies with the briefs as shared by the line managers.
- Responsible for rolling out strategic HR initiatives.
- Organizational Development and Space planning for growth.
- Performance Management and Appraisal Systems
- Writing JD's and then agreeing with the line managers on key measurable objectives
- Good Knowledge of Jordan labor laws.
- Design / Roll out the Employee Orientation
- Employee Handbook/Guidelines and Policy development and documentation.
- Leave management process and compliance matrix for leaves.
- Employee relations, disciplinary, addressing employee grievances.
- Data management and updating for the group of companies and HRMIS.
- Company employee communication, (Newsletters, events, announcements and all relevant announcements).
- Seeking highly qualified candidates who are strategic thinkers.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills. MBA – HR qualified individuals.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in HR , with at least 2 years’ experience as HRBP
- Very strong recruitment and head hunting skills.
- self-motivated professionals.
- Demonstrated intense customer focus.
- Excellent skills in negotiation.
- Ability to champion HR leadership and driving processes in the Department.
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity, intellectual honesty, and strong work ethic.
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Analyses through problems to come up with solutions.
- Innovative & Pro-active.