Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 40 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8 million unique products in 35 different categories, including Books, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household goods, Fashion, Accessories, Perfumes, Toys, and Baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
- Someone who strives to solve difficult problems with creative solutions and who can work autonomously.
- In addition to Software Design and Development experience, you must have knowledge of the entire Software Development lifecycle, Unit Testing, Functional Testing and you should be able to lead a small team of developers through design, analysis, implementation, testing and delivery of high quality software.
- Mentor and lead a team of talented engineers and ensure best development practices are followed.
- Evaluate technical requirements and provide accurate estimates.
- Undertake development tasks without supervision including designing, programming and testing.
- At least 7 years of hands on experience and knowledge of current Java technologies and methodologies.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team of developers.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing complex applications using OOPS principles and design patterns.
- MySQL or other relational database design and development required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced developing secure web applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail and keen problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously, with competing and conflicting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field closely related to information technology; masters preferred.
- Spring MVC.
- Proficient with APIs and service oriented architectures.
- Experience in testdriven development.
- Experience in Angular JS.
- Java, Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Ant, Maven, Jsp, Servlets.
- NoSql, MySQL, Oracle.